In my last post, Does God Tempt People?? – TEMPTATION , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-Aa, I identified Satan as unlikely suspect #1 in answer to the question Who or What Tempts Me?
In this post, I’ll identify unlikely suspect #2.
Have you ever heard the saying, “She’s her own worst enemy.” or “He’s his own worst enemy.” If you haven’t heard this idiom before, it means to create your own problems, and/or prevent your own success.
This brings us to unlikely suspect #2 – Me, Myself, and I.
Not three people, but one complex, unique, yet sinful person – For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. – Romans 3:23
…people are tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. – James 1:14
For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come… – Mark 7:21
< You may remember the above picture from my post – Where Does My Desire to “Push the Envelope” Come From?? – TEMPTATION , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-ws >
SO HERE’S THE BIG QUESTION???
Is there any hope for me? Can I resist temptation?
If you are a God-follower you are in a constant battle. Fighting in a war between doing what God wants vs. doing what your sinful nature wants. Put yourself in the Apostle Paul’s shoes as he seeks to make sense of this battle that plagues him. – Romans 7:15-20
The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other… – Galatians 5:17
Identifying our tempters, Satan and ourselves, is the first line of defense protecting us from being caught in the downward spiral of temptation.
And knowing temptation’s M.O. (mode of operation), will prepare us to recognize it, and put a stop to it before it wreaks havoc on our lives.
In the next post we’ll take a look at a technique that can be immediately put into practice the next time you come face-to-face with temptation.
** IT’S ALWAYS GREAT TO HEAR FROM MY READERS 🙂 SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW 🙂 **
** FOR MORE ON TEMPTATION SEE MY OTHER POSTS BELOW **
Does God Tempt People?? – TEMPTATION  – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-Aa
Cheesecake… To Eat or Not To Eat??? – TEMPTATION  – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-B7
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com