They see what I do, but they don’t perceive its meaning. They hear my words, but they don’t understand. So they will not turn from their sins and be forgiven. – Mark 4:12
32 Such wicked people are detestable to the Lord,
but He offers His friendship to the godly.
33 The Lord curses the house of the wicked,
but He blesses the home of the upright.
34 The Lord mocks the mockers
but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit glory and honor,
but fools are put to shame!
Although this Proverb is only 35 verses long, Solomon packs in a ton of practical/applicable principles.
- In the first few verses of Proverbs 3:1-10, Solomon talks about cause and effect relationships — (See posts referencing these verses — http://wp.me/p5nZpi-87, http://wp.me/p5nZpi-89, http://wp.me/p5nZpi-8z).
- He then moves on to talk about God’s loving discipline, verses 11-12 — (See post — http://wp.me/p5nZpi-9v).
- And then to showing the benefits of seeking and following Wisdom, verses 13-20 — (See post — http://wp.me/p5nZpi-av).
- In verses 21-32, Solomon gives a number of warnings — (See post — http://wp.me/p5nZpi-b6).
- And lastly, in verses 32-35, above, Solomon wraps up Proverbs 3 with BUT(s), (in bold print).
After all the don’t(s) that we saw in the previous verses, Solomon uses these last four verses to reassure God-followers that He does care about them. That He understands that those who follow His ways may be challenged and ridiculed. BUT, those who persevere, will be rewarded with…
- God’s friendship – v. 32
- blessing over their home (family, marriage, relationships, finances, health, etc.) – v. 33
- favor (with others) – v. 34
- glory and honor – v. 35
Choose today to be among those who will one day say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me–the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to His appearing”.- 2 Timothy 4:7-8
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to build a foundation!!
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for more info and fun pics 🙂