WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A PERSONAL/INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE?? READ ON…
As it says in the Scriptures, “I am placing a stone in Jerusalem, a chosen cornerstone, and anyone who believes in him will never be disappointed. – 1 Peter 2:6
Why do I need to be saved?
We are all infected with sin (Romans 3:23). We are born with sin (Psalm 51:5), and we all personally choose to sin (Ecclesiastes 7:20; 1 John 1:8). Sin is what separates us from God. Sin is what has us on the path to eternal destruction.
What do I need to be saved from?
Because of our sin, we all deserve death (Romans 6:23). While the physical consequence of sin is physical death, that is not the only kind of death that results from sin. All sin is ultimately committed against an eternal and infinite God (Psalm 51:4). Because of that, the just penalty for our sin is also eternal and infinite. What we need to be saved from is eternal destruction (Matthew 25:46; Revelation 20:15).
What do I need to do to be saved? “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—” (John 1:12). This passage clearly explains how to become God’s child. We must receive Jesus by believing in Him. What must we believe about Jesus?
FIRST, I must recognize that Jesus is the eternal Son of God who became man. Who was born through the power of the Holy Spirit by the virgin Mary.
SECOND, I must have faith in Jesus as Savior. God’s plan was to sacrifice His perfect Son on the cross to pay the punishment we deserve for our sin: death. Christ’s death frees those who receive Him from the penalty and power of sin.
FINALLY, I must follow Jesus as LORD (one who has authority, the Master, the Leader) After raising up Christ as the conqueror over sin and death, God gave Him all authority (Ephesians 1:20-23). Jesus leads all who receive Him.
- Do I understand and believe that I have sinned and deserve God’s judgment ?
- Do I understand and believe that Jesus took my punishment upon Himself, dying in my place?
- Do I understand and believe that Jesus’ death was a sufficient sacrifice to pay for my sins?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then place your trust in Jesus as your Savior. The only one that can save you from your sins, and offer you eternal life with God. Jesus took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I can be forgiven, and no longer separated from God. Make a choice today to receive Jesus, by faith, fully trusting in Him alone to make a difference in your life today, tomorrow, and for eternity!!!
** God is offering you salvation as a FREE gift. All you have to do is accept it.**
He does not want anyone to be perish, to be separated from Him, but wants everyone to repent. – 2 Peter 3:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame.” – Roman 10:9-11
Pray to God: “God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I believe that His death and resurrection provided for my forgiveness. I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! Amen!!!
< Above information was “borrowed”, and adapted, from http://www.gotquestions.org >
The cornerstone is the most expensive and precious stone used in building a building. It provides two purposes:
- A sturdy foundation from which the entire building draws it strength
- It sets the walls at the correct angle
- If you use a weak stone, trying to take whatever you want from the world and make that the cornerstone of your life, the weakness will be shown for what it is, and the building will crumble.
- If the stone is misshapen, the walls will be bowed, and from day one the building will be doomed.
There’s an opportunity to respond, it’s not too late!! God’s patience continues. Accept Jesus as the cornerstone and Lord of your life.
< Quoted from: Cody Cline – Cornerstone Church – Ames, Iowa, Mark 11:27-12:12 >
If you have chosen to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and have unanswered questions, or you are still on the fence, please add a comment, or go to the contact tab in the menu to send me your questions, and I will do my best to answer . 🙂
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!