As we begin to wrap up the blog posts on temptation, we’ll address our last question —
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO RESIST THE DAILY ONSLAUGHT OF TEMPTATION?
As we begin to answer this question, keep in mind this verse from 1 Corinthians –
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. – 1 Corinthians 10:13
Also keep in mind that we can succeed in resisting temptation by following God’s principles and the teaching of Jesus. Remember…
We can do all things through Him who strengthens us. – Philippines 4:13
In answer to our question, Is it possible for me to resist the daily onslaught of temptation? the answer is YES! but it will require us to be ALERT! Honing in on the warning signs alerting us to a tempting situation and God’s “escape plan” for us.
OUR ABILITY TO SUCCESSFULLY RESIST TEMPTATION WILL REQUIRE:
<< Spiritual maintenance >>
Think of spiritual maintenance like housework. Vacuuming, dusting, laundry, putting the laundry away, making beds, washing and putting the dishes away, etc. These are all necessary tasks if you want your house to be clean and orderly. It’s not necessary, however, to do everything on your maintenance list everyday, like vacuuming, for example. But washing the dishes, making your bed, are daily maintenance activities that ensure a neat, organized house.
The same is true with our spiritual maintenance. Some activities we do once a week, like go to church. But others are necessary to do on a daily basis, like prayer and reading or listening to God’s Word.
These “maintenance” tasks ensure spiritual strength and cleansing necessary to see the light through the fog of our cultural and personal influences and temptations.
Although we want to do what God teaches us, daily obstacles seem to pop up and get in our way.
Below are two essential steps, that if implemented, will assist us in navigating the pitfalls of temptation.
RECOGNITION – the realization that we’re heading towards succumbing to the sin of temptation.
“TOOLS” – having the knowledge and ability to use the “tools” in our “spiritual tool bag” in order to navigate safely around or through potentially tempting situations.
NEXT POST: FIVE “TOOLS” YOU’LL WANT TO HAVE IN YOUR “SPIRITUAL TOOL BAG”
** IT’S ALWAYS GREAT TO HEAR FROM MY READERS :) SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LIKE OR COMMENT BELOW :) **
** FOR MORE ON TEMPTATION SEE MY OTHER POSTS BELOW **
Tending the “Crops” – TEMPTATION  – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-Cu
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com