Below is a small sampling of Bible verses my friend, Paula, emails to me daily. She sends verses to me because she knows that God’s Word has the power to encourage, inspire, comfort, and convict me.
If you enjoy these verses, if they encourage, inspire, comfort, and/or convict you, there are plenty more for you to read on my page, The Bricks.., see the menu above.
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com
ALL people are under the power of sin. As the Scriptures say, “NO ONE is good — not even one. NO ONE has real understanding; NO ONE is seeking God. All have turned away from God; ALL have gone wrong.“
For NO ONE can ever be made right in God’s sight by doing what his law commands. For the more we know God’s law, the clearer it becomes that we aren’t obeying it. But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight — NOT by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago.
We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we ALL can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For ALL have sinned; ALL fall short of God’s glorious standard.
Yet now God in his gracious kindness declares us NOT guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for OUR sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us.
God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times. And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus. Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal
IS NOT based on our good deeds. IT IS BASED ON OUR FAITH.
So we are made right with God through faith AND NOT by obeying the law.
There is only one God, and there is only one way of being accepted by him. He makes people right with himself ONLY BY FAITH, whether they are Jews or Gentiles (any one other than a Jew)
Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law. – Romans 3:9-31
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to build a foundation!!
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for more info and pics 🙂