You’ll notice that I highlighted in line with His will. This is a key point because often times we like to put God in “our” box.
We like to tell God what we want, when we want it, and how we want it. After all, if God is listening to us, we can be sure that He will give us what we ask for.
Maybe you have this type of thinking when it comes to God? Check out this video…
EXCEPT, when what we want is not in line with His will.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT GOD’S WILL IS?
When praying, tell God that you desire to know His will. That you want what He wants. That you know He loves you and has your best interest in mind. …we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. – Romans 8:28
The promise of answered prayers can be claimed by anyone who loves God. Meaning they’ve put their trust in Him, and obey what He teaches them in the Bible. They’ve allowed God to transform the way they look at situations, people, the culture, the world …let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. – Romans 12:2
IF ALL THIS IS TRUE, THEN WHY DOES IT SEEM THAT GOD IS NOT ANSWERING MY PRAYERS?
One thing I’m certain of is that God doesn’t always answer our prayers in clear-cut/black-and-white way. Sometimes He might be saying wait, sometimes yes, sometimes no, and other times He may be urging us to question or refine our requests.
LET’S USE AN EXAMPLE – A Student Choosing Between Two Colleges
- “I don’t know which college to attend. I’ve been accepted to two. I like both. Both offer great/unique programs. I will pray to God and ask Him which college I should go to.”
- “I feel uneasy. Should I choose College “A” or College “B”? I’ve been praying, yet all I have is more anxiety and more unanswered questions.”
- “I feel like I’d like to attend an Open House at each of the schools to get a feel for the campus and students.”
- “I feel like I should call the schools to clarify options for extra curricular activities that would compliment my chosen major.”
- “I’ve discovered today, that taking courses towards a minor in ______ vs. ______ would be a better fit with my major.”
- “I’ve submitted applications for scholarships, and received one from College “A”. Still waiting on the results from College “B”.
- “There are students that I’d like to room with, and took the necessary steps for that to occur.”
HAS GOD ANSWERED THIS STUDENT’S PRAYER?
FOR THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT: I Pray, Does God Hear Me, Does He Answer Me?? – (Part 2) – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-i5for the answer to this question, and I Pray, Does God Hear Me, Does He Answer Me?? – (Part 3) – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-ij
HINT: For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it. – Job 33:14
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!