WHERE DOES TEMPTATION COME FROM?
In Mark 7:21-22, we learn that temptation is inside of us, in our thoughts. For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness.
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.
These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. – James 1:14-15
HOPE FOR GOD-FOLLOWERS…
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. And afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. – James 1:12
AN IMPORTANT FACT TO REMEMBER:
- As long we are on earth, and in our physical bodies, we can expect to experience temptation.
EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:
- We don’t have to give into temptation.
Temptation in and of its self is NOT a sin. It becomes a sin once my sinful thoughts become actions.
** FOR MORE POSTS ON TEMPTATION SEE LINKS BELOW **
Are My Urges and Desires a Sin?? – TEMPTATION , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-vY
A Sneak Preview – How Can I Resist Temptation?? – TEMPTATION , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-xc
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com