SO WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ALL PEOPLE?
ALL people are:
- God’s creation, NOT God’s children. For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. – Colossians 1:16
- Loved by God,
For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
God showed how much He loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. – 1 John 4:9
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. – John 3:3-5
To be born again means to become children of God. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. – John 3:6
“HOW ARE THESE THINGS POSSIBLE????”
You may be asking yourself the same question Nicodemus asked Jesus in John 3:9, “How are these things possible?”
And Jesus answered Nicodemus, and us…
No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven. And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life. For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. – John 3:13-17
HOW DO WE BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD???
But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. – John 1:12
They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. – John 1:13
For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.– Galatians 3:26
Click on The Cornerstone… tab in the menu, for more information.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN ADOPTED SON, OR AN ADOPTED DAUGHTER OF GOD???
God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave Him great pleasure. – Ephesians 1:5
The word adoption, according to Dictionary.com means – to take and rear (the child of other parents) as one’s own child, specifically by a formal legal act.
The letter to the Ephesians was written by the Apostle Paul in Rome during the 1st century. Knowing the time period of this letter helps us to understand the significant privileges and opportunities an adopted person would receive as a member of their “new” family.
For example, an adopted person would have…
- the identical legal rights, as though they were a naturally born child to the family
- a right to the family name
- a right to the inheritance of the father’s property
- would be under the authority of the adopted father, his legal caregiver
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir. – Galatians 4:4-7
HOW DOES OUR RELATIONSHIP CHANGE WITH GOD WHEN WE BECOME HIS ADOPTED CHILD?
- Our sins have been forgiven.
You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. – Colossians 2:13-14
- We are no longer sentence to eternal separation from God.
Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. – Romans 8:1-2
- We are now able to come into the presence of God through Jesus Christ.
Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence. – Ephesians 3:12
- Jesus, our Lord and Savior, has become our brother.
So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. – Hebrews 4:16
- The Holy Spirit now lives in us, guaranteeing our inheritance and guiding us.
And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him. – Ephesians 1:13-14
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth… – John 16:13
…you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father. – Romans 8:15
A time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound doctrine. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject and turn their ears from the truth, and wander off into myths and fables. – 2 Timothy 4:3-4
READ THE BIBLE.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you… – James 4:8
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. – John 8:32
Are ALL People Children of God??? – (Part 1) http://wp.me/p5nZpi-pm
Are ALL People Children of God??? – (Part 2) http://wp.me/p5nZpi-pI
Response to Reader’s Comment – Are All People Children of God??? (Part 2) http://wp.me/p5nZpi-ro
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with God?? Would you like to become God’s child?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!