DOES EVERYONE EXPERIENCE TEMPTATION?
A definite, undeniable – YES !!!!
Even though we want to “do” what is right/godly, we may find ourselves thinking negatively, or doing what we know is wrong. Thinking negatively of other people, doing wrong in situations or circumstances we find ourselves in, or maybe allowing ungodly thoughts to take root in our minds.
No one is above being tempted, even Jesus. He was tempted by Satan for 40 days in the wilderness, yet He did not sin. Read the account of Jesus’ encounter with Satan in Matthew 4:1-11.
The Apostle Paul, formally Saul, who had an awesome/awestruck encounter with God on his way to imprison Christ followers in Damascus, shared his own struggle with his “flesh” (sinful nature) vs. the spirit (godly choices), and he wrote,
I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. – Romans 7:15
I have discovered this principle of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. – Roman 7:21-23
***BE ENCOURAGED!! ALL IS NOT LOST***
God does not leave us alone in a cold, desolate wasteland.
Be reminded that:
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.
And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When,
(not if), you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure. – 1 Corinthians
God will provide you with grace and strength, in your unique situation, using your unique personality, to show you a way to out. To give you the courage to SAY
Lord, don’t let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
** FOR MORE ON TEMPTATION SEE MY OTHER POSTS BELOW **
A Sneak Preview – Can I Resist Temptation?? – TEMPTATION , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-xc
RESPONSE TO READER’S COMMENT – Are ALL People Tempted to “Do” Wrong?? – TEMPTATION  – , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-xZ
What Is Driving Our Temptations?? – TEMPTATION – , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-yx
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com