Perhaps when we began this series on Philippians, http://wp.me/p5nZpi-mp, you may have thought Paul was going to show us some easy, quick, instantly gratifying ways to experience joy. So far that hasn’t been the case.
- I was circumcised when I was eight days old.
- I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one!
- I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.
- I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church.
- And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.
Now how’s that for a resume?
But let’s look at Paul’s very next verse. I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with Him.- Phil. 3:7-9a
IF PAUL, AND ALL HIS CREDENTIALS WERE CONSIDERED GARBAGE, THEN WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE US, OR PAUL, FOR THAT MATTER??
< All My “Creds” are Garbage??? – Joy in Believing – PHILIPPIANS (Chapter 3) , http://wp.me/p5nZpi-sC >
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!