If I’m being honest, just saying the word temptation gives me the willies.
For me, temptation can mean a creepy-looking guy offering me an unknown substance in a dark alley…
or my so-called “friends” tempting me to drink irresponsibly, in the name of fun.
But is this what temptation is?
Is temptation an in-your-face proposal to engage in potentially harmful behaviors?
Or can temptation instead be subtle,
like wanting to tell a white lie to avoid getting in trouble.
Or, not wanting to tell the clerk she gave you too much change back.
Temptation is tricky thing because it has a tendency to sneak up on us.
We might be going along, minding our own business, when BAM!! a SALE!!
All the cute colors, styles, and what a good price 🙂 🙂
So you open your wallet, and it’s empty, no cash 😦
Yeah, but you see that you have a couple of credit cards!! Should you buy, buy, buy?? Or wait??
We’re faced with making decisions throughout the day, every day. Some are easy, and some, not so easy. Some are black and white, whereas, most are gray. In some areas we may be tempted to test the boundaries, in others we are not, and visa-versa.
In this **NEW ** blog series – Temptation – we’re going to be looking at…
— What is, and is not temptation?
— Where does temptation come from?
— Does everyone experience temptation?
— Were any people in the Bible tempted?
— Who or what tempts us?
— What is the harvest (the results) of temptation?
— Is it possible to resist temptation?
We will be answering these questions and more, as we learn how we can recognize and protect ourselves from the temptations that come our way.
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. – Matthew 26:41
** FOR MORE POSTS ON TEMPTATION SEE LINK BELOW **
Are My Urges and Desires a Sin?? – TEMPTATION  – http://wp.me/p5nZpi-vY
- Would you like to have a personal/intimate relationship with the God?? Take a look at the tab, The Cornerstone…, in the menu for more info.
- If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are published, click on the FOLLOW button in the sidebar. Or if you are viewing from your mobile device, scroll down the page and you’ll see the FOLLOW blog via email button 🙂
- It you are viewing with the mobile version, scroll down to the bottom of this page for additional info and pics 🙂
- Take a look at the other tabs in the menu for encouragement and inspiration as you continue to BUILD A FOUNDATION!!
- A great resource for Bible verses, Bible Topics, Commentaries, etc. – http://www.BibleGateway.com